Caring for rayon clothing
Special Care Tips For Rayon
Rayon (Man-Made Cellulose)
Other Common Names: Viscose, Lyocell, Tencel
Source: Wood pulp
- Beautiful, brilliant colors
- Luxurious silk-like fabric
- Due to bright colors, dye fading may occur when cleaned
- Bright colors fade readily to sunlight
- Water spots or rings develop readily due to sizings in fabric
- If washed, fabric may feel limp
- Usually dry cleanable in any solvent
- If hand washing, do not twist or wring to remove moisture
- Partial tumble dry at low temperatures, followed by air-dry to minimize shrinkage.
Even weak acids solutions can readily discolor the dyes on rayon fibers. This includes many skin care products, deodorants, and perspiration.
** these tips for rayon clothing care have been brought to you by Utopia Cleaners. Learn more about our dry cleaning services in Boston.